Friday, September 23, 2016

So the news is out!

So the news is out! I hinted at this a month ago, but didn't know the whole story then. I will finish posting links to yesterday's stories when I get more time. But for now: Rowdies and Ottawa to USL; Strikers in trouble and financially kept afloat by Bill Edwards; lots of other news. 

(Follow link for full article.)   

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

So maybe a word of explanation or two about why I started this blog.


http://supportyourlocalfootballclub.blogspot.com/2016/08/so-maybe-word-of-explanation-or-two.html 

There's also a certain little bird who has told me (and other Mobsters/Rowdies fans) that Bill Edwards is considering moving the Rowdies to USL next year, with an eye towards moving to MLS later. Now Bill Edwards doesn't need to move the Rowdies to USL in order to move them to MLS; Minnesota United is going straight from NASL to MLS next year, for example. But there are other reasons why USL might be preferable to Bill Edwards, which I can speculate on later, but I won't do that now as I am trying to keep this brief. I have no idea how true this rumor is or not; also I don't want to get into the whole USL vs. NASL war as the subject is tiresome and fruitless. I just want to see the Tampa Bay Rowdies back on top of USA pro soccer, which means MLS. No, I don't think NASL is ever going to get to that level. It is not realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment