Monday, August 29, 2016

Game 11: Rowdies Home Attendance Thread, vs. Rayo OKC 8/27

(Follow link for full article.) 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TampaBayRowdies/comments/506c4k/game_11_rowdies_home_attendance_thread_vs_rayo/

Game 11: Rowdies Home Attendance Thread, vs. Rayo OKC 8/27 

A win for the good guys. Unfortunately the rain kept our attendance number down (4,935). Looked like it was going to be a good showing from the Ticketmaster pre-sales. Our average is still up over last year and we've got a hold on third place in the league with Ottawa right behind us. With summer winding down and our next home game in 3 weeks, hopefully we get into the nicer weather and better numbers...

. . .

Always worth noting with any mention of attendance, this is "sold and distributed" not the turnstile headcount. Most of the midfield reserve area was desolate, and unless it's a major game, is frequently half populated at best.

. . .

+1 and that the Rowdies, unlike some others in the league, don't give away many (or really any) freebies. Most of the time the number we see reported is a legit amount of paying customers.

. . .

I don't understand this. I'd expect the cheaper, grandstand seats to be no shows. I buy my tickets at the student $10 price point, so if I just can't go, oh well. But those seats are expensive, fam.

. . .

Me either - but from what I understand, they are seats that are purchased by sponsors - and not all of them get filled. Same goes with the parking - it'll be 5:30 and the lot has maybe 50 people in it, but the attendants are saying it's full - because none of the people who have purchased parking have shown up.

It's a 1%'er thing that I don't understand.

. . .

I guess if it's a business thing, the company doesn't really care if the seats are filled, they're paid for no matter what. And if you get free tickets, there's less incentive to go than if you paid.

. . .

I agree. I think it hurts the brand when people no show. Yeah, the team gets paid, but the optics are terrible. If those were box seats, it would be one thing, but they're on the broadcast, and it's a black hole of enthusiasm during the matches.

. . .

I was thinking the same thing about those seats being on the broadcasts. It looks so bad. I really wish, if nothing else, they'd reverse the cameras. We wouldn't necessarily see the Mob any more than we do now, but we'd at least see more asses in seats.

. . .

I think a lot of them are Corporate purchases as part of sponsorship packages. In the company I used to work for we had a block of tickets we purchased as part of our sponsorship for the Lightning and Rays and very often (particularly for the Rays) they would go unused...

. . .

God, I'd kill for those free tickets. Rays tickets are generally cheap, but Lightning tickets are getting up there in price.

No comments:

Post a Comment