Friday, August 26, 2016

Georgi Hristov Honored to Be Part of Rowdies History

(Follow link for full article.)  

http://www.theunsubs.com/wp/2016/08/26/georgi-hristov-honored-to-be-part-of-rowdies-history/2231

Georgi Hristov Honored to Be Part of Rowdies History

August 26, 2016 Jake Nutting   

After winning two scoring titles, a league title and Player of the Year honors in the top division of his native Bulgaria, Georgi Hristov was looking for a new challenge at the start of 2013.

As he inched closer to 30, Hristov was getting the itch to test the waters abroad that many players get at some point. With his solid resume from his time in Bulgaria, there were plenty of quality offers from other countries in Eastern Europe, but there was just something alluring to the striker about giving America a shot.

“I had already had a career of like 10, 11 years over there,” Hristov says. “At that point I felt I needed a big change because in Bulgaria I had won everything at that time, individually, with the team, everything. At the age of 28 you have to start to think about doing something and where you’re going.”

With a solid resume from his time in Bulgaria, there were plenty of quality offers from other countries in Eastern Europe, but there was just something alluring to the striker about giving America a shot.

“I kinda wanted to achieve more for myself and my future family,” he explains. “I had offers from places like Romania, Russia, Turkey, but I kinda just felt that I wanted to try it here. I don’t know why. I guess it was about getting away and finding a new adventure.”

Four seasons and over 100 appearances for the Tampa Bay Rowdies later and Hristov has cemented his reputation as one the best and most revered players to suit up for the reincarnated Rowdies. His 100th match for the green and gold came on a Wednesday night in Minnesota, but he only had to wait a few days to be honored by the supporters at Al Lang Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment